Speech for the Students...

Wow, this speech has caused quite the uproar! I don't usually talk politics, but I must take a moment to vent, because I've been thinking about this all day.

Today was my first day volunteering in Dylan's second grade class. I was wondering if they were going to show the speech, and I was happy to hear they were! Dylan's class went into a 5th grade classroom to watch. All the kids sat there and paid close attention to the most important man in the United States talk about how important an education is. It nearly brought me to tears. It was amazing, watching my little boy soak it all up...I could tell by the expressions on his face, he was inspired.

So I must ask...why are all these parents SO pissed off? Why wouldn't you want your child to hear how important it is for them to get an education? Why would you let such a positive and uplifting experience make you so angry? It's this type of ignorance that sets our nation back...and then people wonder why our children turn out the way they do??

Newsflash...if you're so against your kids being told to study hard and go to school, chances are that your kids are the country's future dropouts.

Shouldn't parents care more about what their children are doing EVERY day of the year, as opposed to just this one?

I may not agree with every decision he makes, but I strongly agree with this one. He can have my phone number and call my kids every single day to tell them how important school is.

xoxo

No comments: