Black Friday...

Anyone who knows me, knows how much I love Christmas...so much, in fact, that I start my Christmas shopping in August. Doing this ensures that I spread the cost of it all over 5 months, instead of doing it all at once...and it also ensures that I will not be one of those crazy people who are pushing and shoving in the mall on Christmas Eve to get the gifts that I waited until the last minute for.

This year when the black Friday ads started rolling in, I noticed that Toys R Us was going to open at 10pm on Thanksgiving night! There was only 1 thing that I needed to get to finish up my shopping for the kids, and it just so happens that it was almost 1/2 off. So, I decided to be brave and attempt to do it. My sister and I got there at about 9pm. The line was a little long, and it was freezing (for LA anyway), but we grabbed our cart and got in line. By 9:50 the line was through the entire parking lot, and apparently down an entire city block.
Photobucket

The people in front of us invited their friends and family to join them in line, so when my good friend Tracy got there and the line was already out of the parking lot, I told her to come up and join me. The finally started letting people in, in groups of about 50, and we made our way in and through the store completely unscathed. We got exactly what we were looking for, everyone was friendly & on their best behavior, and it wasn't a bad experience overall! Well...until the part in the parking lot when we couldn't fit the huge box in the car and had to call the boys to meet us and help make it fit!

The next day, the actual black Friday, we went out again. And again we noticed that everyone was nice and friendly, and I didn't even think the stores were crazy crowded. I just might try it all again next year!

xoxo



No comments: