Dylan's REAL Birthday

My baby isn't a baby anymore!! He's 8!! Since I made the Mother's Day blog so sappy, I will try to spare you the emotions today. Seriously though, I can't believe I am the mother of an 8 year old. A smart, gentle, loving, sweet, funny, and gorgeous 8 year old.

Have I mentioned that I am blessed? He couldn't make me a happier mom. Even on his worst day, he is the best kid ever. Fact.

Since his birthday falls on a Tuesday this year, and it just so happens that I volunteer in his classroom on Tuesday morning, I got to spend the whole morning with him! Last night he helped me bake cookies as treats for his whole class. His teacher let him make a crown and decorate it with stickers, and then he got to pick out a story for Mr. Spence to read to the class.

After class, he came home to find his birthday present...which was a new flat screen TV for his room. Not a big one, but perfect size for a boy. He loved it.

Then we went out to dinner with my Grandparents and his cousins. He had a great time! When we got back to Grandma's, we sang Happy Birthday, and had cake...delicious cake that I made!!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments: