Monday, April 20th, 2009

I said goodbye to an old friend today. The friendship was pretty strained for a little while now, and I just couldn’t do it anymore. I’m too old and I have too much going on, to put up with friends that aren’t good for me. I really think the reason that we can’t be friends anymore is because our lives are going in different directions. I am a stay-at-home mom, which means just that…I stay at home. She is always out-and-about, still having fun drinking & partying. Therefore…she now hangs out with other people who do that, too. I told her about how I felt, and she gave me no.response.whatsoever. I guess she felt our friendship wasn’t worth it. Yes, it’s sad, but everyone knows I’m a tough cookie, and I know what’s good for me, and after I finish this blog entry, I’m letting it all go. Besides, I know I still have you…whoever you are reading this right now.

Xoxo

1 comment:

Eden said...

I've had to let a lot of 'old friends' go for the the very same reason.

It's sad that they can't grow up & just realize that they might have to come to you since you're a SAHM...but no- the bar is easier.

I love you :)