A Beautiful Day!!

I spent this morning trying to pull off a cool April Fool’s Day prank on my husband. The problem with that was that Dylan told him all about it on the way to school!!! That child cannot keep a secret!!!

Cody can’t stand the feel of cotton balls. It creeps him out. I know, weird, right? So I decided to be funny and help him face his fears at the same time. I stuffed cotton balls into his shoes, taped cotton balls to the toothpaste and to the handle of his toothbrush, and I put cotton balls on top of all his Mountain Dews in the fridge. I thought it was hilarious! And since he already knew, I didn’t quite get the reaction I was hoping for, but he was a good sport…as he always is.

Cody planned a little outing for me today. He thought I deserved a couple of hours away from kid-stuff and mom-stuff. And what better place to unwind than on horseback?! It was so beautiful outside. I rode through Griffith Park up to Amir’s Garden, which is a little spot on the top of the mountain that overlooks EVERYTHING and is surrounded by beautiful flowers and plants. I had a wonderful time, and appreciate my wonderful guy for being so thoughtful!!

After this, we picked Dylan up from school & went to his bookfair. I loved the bookfair when I was in school, and still do. So while Cody sat with Madison, and Dylan ran around the school library with his best friend, I perused every single shelf and table. I found some great stuff for Dylan AND for Madison, for our nightly story time!

That pretty much wraps up our day, so I’ll end with a few pictures that I’ve taken of the kids in the past week.


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

No comments: