Dr. Day!!

Today was the day I have been dreading for the last week. Madison's 2 month checkup, which includes 5 shots. I made the appointment on a Tuesday specifically so that I would have Cody's help. I don't do well when my kids have to get shots.

Sooo, first things first, Maddie is becoming quite the big girl!! She weighs 11 1/2 pounds now, and is over 22". I can't believe how fast she is growing!!

When shot time came, I turned around and stared out the window, with my hands over my ears. When she got her first shot, she cried so loud and so hard, that she had a hard time catching her breath! She got 2 more in that leg, and the Dr. gave her a little break before the other leg. Just enough time to calm her down. When he poked her other leg, it was so sad. She started crying again, as if to say "Why do you keep doing this to me?!" Cody picked her up, and he had tears in his eyes. It was so sweet. He was supposed to be the strong one!! Apparently she already has the man wrapped around her little finger!!

She recovered quickly, but has been sleeping pretty much all day. Which has given me time to finally clean my house, which was nice!

In other, not so notable news, Cody & I were having a conversation about using "slang" when you talk. In this conversation I have learned that apparently I am too dorky and proper to use slang. He says it's because I have no swagger. Or is it swagga?? Hmm...I guess I will just never look cool using the words "holla" and "dope". I'm sure I'll get over it.

No comments: