When you're smiling....

I’ve recently discovered how hard it is to be a parent and have a social life at the same time. It was easier before Madison was born. Dylan is almost 7, my grandparents love babysitting for him, and he loves being with them.

Madison is still very young, and it’s hard, not only to find a babysitter for her, but to be away from her. When she cries, she can’t tell you what’s wrong, or what she wants, or how she wants to be held. I know these things. I'm the only one who knows these things. Well, Cody, too.

There is a tiny part of me that gets a little jealous when everyone else is going out on a Friday night, and I am home alone with my 2 kids. Or when there is some huge show that everyone I know is going to, except me. A very tiny part of me.

Then it occurs to me. As much as I love my friends, I get to hang out with the 2 people I love the most. I get to watch Disney movies with Dylan, and hear him talk through the entire thing. I get to see Maddie smile when I make funny faces. They make me happier than a night out with my friends could ever make me. When they’re smiling, I’m smiling.

So now I am going to tuck my baby boy into bed so he can get up early for school tomorrow, and then I am going to sit on the couch with Madison & make some more funny faces, sing some more silly songs. Because when I’m with the 2 of them, there’s honestly nowhere I would rather be, and no one I would rather be with.

Good night!! xoxo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i love this....and with u guys is my favorite place to me