2 Days Till School Starts!!

It was all we talked about all morning. Today is the day his school posts the class lists!! Will he get the teacher he wants? Will he & his best friend be in the same class again?

Cody was working, so it was up to me to get us all ready & out the door. This is not as easy as it sounds.

At about 5:00, I am carrying the diaper bag, my purse, and Madison in her carseat. Dylan is right behind me. I tell him to close the door behind him, and he does. No more than 3 seconds later I realize that my keys are hanging on their hook inside the house. Doors locked. Windows locked. The car keys are with the house keys, so we can't drive anywhere. Did I really just lock my kids & myself out of the house? I called Cody, and of course my Prince Charming came to my rescue. He drove from West Hollywood to Glendale, on a Friday during rush hour, in only 20 minutes, and he wasn't even a little upset! And oddly enough, I wasn't pissed off either. It was actually really nice to hang out on the grass with Dylan & Madison, and it was a beautiful day!

After the whole key debacle, we made it to his school & found out that he got exactly what teacher he wanted, and his best friend is in his class again !

We celebrated the rest of the beautiful day by taking a walk and enjoying the weather. Back-to-school weather.

xoxo

1 comment:

Eden said...

I promise I will work on your layout this week...I'm sorry I've been so busy!! Love you :)


And happy-new-school-year, Dylan!