Natural History Museum

There is a butterfly exhibit at the Natural History Museum here that I have been wanting to go to for SO long! It only lasts for a couple months out of the year, and since we are moving soon, I figured this was our chance!

Cody was in Oakland at a Raider game with his friends, so it was just me and the kids.

I didn't really know what to expect, but I should have known it would be outside...I mean, they ARE butterflies.

When we got to the museum, I see a little greenhouse building off to the side. There are a few people standing outside, and they are fanning themselves off with papers. Did I mention that it was 104 degrees today?

We walked INSIDE the museum, and I talked to the girl behind the counter, and I asked about the butterflies. My question..."is it REALLY HOT out there?" She gave me this look, and I knew instantly. This was NOT going to be a good idea. It's in a closed up glass building outside with no air circulation whatsoever. It took us 2 seconds to ditch the butterfly idea, and opted instead to stay in the air conditioning and look at the animals.

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

After the museum, my best friend Jennifer came over to spend the evening with me. She lives only 45 minutes away, and we don't see nearly enough of each other. I think when I am living far away, that will be something we regret...we could have spend SO MUCH MORE time together!! Anyway, we went to dinner, then we had a bottle or 2 of wine, and watched our old favorite movie...Dazed and Confused.

It was a good day!
xoxo

No comments: