Earth Day!!

I think about the impact of myself and my family on the environment often. I care...but sometimes don't think about the things I do and how bad they are for our planet. I've made small changes, but I want to do something bigger. I want to show my kids that if want to enjoy the world you live in, you have to do your part to take care of it. Not to sound cheesy, but actually totally sounding cheesy, if there was ever a time to make these changes, now would be that time. From the oil spill a year ago, the billions of water bottles people throw away every year, or to the nuclear situation in Japan, we need a change.


I've made a list of changes I intend to make in my family & home, in hopes that my children and my husband follow my lead...and maybe others will make some small changes as well...you just never know.

* Eat less meat.
* Save electricity (turn off lights, unplug things not being used, turn things off)
* Stop using plastic bags entirely
* Eat more local foods...loooove the Burbank Farmers Market!!
* Recycle everything I can
* Stop using plastic baggies...find re-usable fabric ones
* Shorter showers, less water


And these are some changes I've already started to make.

* I no longer use plastic water bottles. I carry my own re-usable water container everywhere I go, and I actually drink more water now than ever. AND I don't have 20 half-empty water bottles in my car all the time!
* I turned down the heat/air in the house.
* We planted a garden! I can't get more local than my own back yard!
* I bring my own bags to the grocery store. It's so easy, and they pay you to do it!


So there you have it, my (5) devoted readers. Ha! If anyone has any other tips or ways my family & I can help make a change, please leave me a comment! I want to hear more!






No comments: